*Before you read, this guide is incomplete. I have not gone in depth at all, but I will work on it slowly, because it is a big guide. I will do my best to do the best job.*
This strategy works best for 3-4 people, but easier with 3. there won't be many (if any) pictures involved, but it should be pretty easy to describe, and I will do my best to clarify everything. If you have any questions, please ask!
THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN A STEP-BY-STEP FORMAT. SO IF YOU WANTED TO, YOU COULD USE THIS GUIDE AS YOU ARE PLAYING, BECAUSE IT IS IN ORDER.
Three Man Strategy
Using three people for this strategy is probably the way to go, because the 4th person isn't really needed, and just makes more zombies spawn. This strategy will be given assuming you are using three people, but I will leave a little extra if you are using four. If you do this correctly - with no stupid, preventable mistakes... I will guarantee atleast Round 30.
Each person will need:
-Upgraded Ray Gun
-Upgraded Thunder Gun
Someone needs a ThunderGun and someone needs a Gersche Device. The Gersche helps when someone needs to be revived.
Rounds 1-4: Set-Up Rounds
You start off in a black and white in the centrifuge. Here, the following things may be found:
-Main Lunar Lander
-Random Box Location
There are 4 windows in all while in the centrifuge. Put two people on one floor and one on the other. One will be responsible for guarding two windows (unless playing with four people). I would suggest the lone teammate to stay on the bottom floor, because it is easier to jump down than to walk upstairs.
For the first two rounds, it's all about conserving pistol ammo for your 3rd round, and getting points. Let the zombies tear down the windows, and knife them.
Note: Zombies die in one knife attempt in the first round, and two in the second. Be careful of knifing zombies when they are in windows, they will try to attack you, leading to an embarrassing switch into Second Chance if you are not paying attention. As the rounds progress, they will get stronger, and you may eventually want to upgrade o a sickle (3000 Points). It is not required, and i have succeeded without even considering buying it.
I use my pistol in the 3rd round, and it general consumes a good chunk of my ammo, depending on the traffic of zombies. It is best to buy the M14 at round 4, because you never know what you will get in the Random Box when you turn on the power, and the M14 is dependable for a few more rounds. It is accurate, and kills in a few rounds. The Olympia is a little too weak, and the constant reloading can screw you over. The M14 is more dependable in later rounds if needed. After Round 4, you want to open the bottom door. I find it easier to turn on the power. You could go upstairs and go that route, which will give you access to an MPL, but it is overkill for small rounds, and it flies through ammo. I don't recommend buying this.
Note There are three doors to open when going the bottom route. Each of you should open one door, and it will leave you all enough money to use the Random Box a couple times.
Rounds 5-12: Building Up
After going through these three doors (you will know which ones), you will eventually go to the Power Room. This is the initial spawn of the Random Box, and this is where you will begin your built. Remember, these are the weapons you will use for a while, because you never know when you'll get the right equipment. refer to the Set-Ups tab I have above.
After you get suitable weapons, you want to run to the stage. Make a crawler if needed, but it is pretty easy to flee there anyway. This is where you will be set-up for a large portion of the game.
Note Don't waste your money on trying to find the right gun at early rounds. One Auto-AR is perfectly fine for 5-12. You will need money for perks. While it is very easy to rack up on points using this strategy, this will guarantee your set-up quickly.
This is where I have to get descriptive, because having a picture to help me out would be very nice here. I will do my best to make you understand where to go EXACTLY. You shouldn't have any trouble, but don't be afraid to ask.
To give you a quick idea of where I am going with this, there will be one person in the middle of the stage. He will attract them and literally run around in circles clockwise. There will be two people in the PhD Flopper perk room. It is the only doorway that leads into a small room, and is impossible to miss.
- One person will watch the window in that room. This is probably the most easiest, but very important (and tedious) to watch this window. You are protecting the second guy in the room.
- The other person will be behind him, killing all of the zombies that are traveling in a circle. Grenades are helpful, but they make many crawlers. This makes the guy who is running in big circles job harder.
The guy running in circles can turn around and shoot zombies, preferably if he has a Thunder Gun. This is where Stamin-Up comes in handy, because it makes it easy to outrun zombies. This is very crucial in the later rounds as the zombies speed up.
If the guy running in circles gets downed, you should throw your Gersh Device if you have one, which gives you the opportunity to revive him. Quick Revival helps here a lot. He should only get downed only when he makes an error. Otherwise, he should be fine.
This is your strategy throughout the game.
Make sure you make crawlers after each round to either:
- Buy a perk
- Upgrade a weapon
- Get a new weapon
- Anything else needed
Crawlers are whats going to give you plenty of time to do what you need. After two rounds, you should have plenty or just enough money to upgrade a weapon. Upgrading your weapons are a factual part of this game. An upgraded HK21 and Ray Gun is all you need to succeed.
In theory, you should have or be very close to having your set-up. It is crucial to have LMGs and Ray Guns, and they should already be upgraded. If not, make crawlers before the round ends to do so. At this stage, you will get plenty of money each round to upgrade a weapon. I have never had an unlucky teammate to not have either an LMG or a Ray Gun, at this point, you should have already beaten the box to death.
If everyone is out of ammo, the person running in circles should quickly buy grenades if you have really come to a situation like this. This won't win a round, but it will finish one. Your Zeus Cannon is good enough to kill all zombies in it's way, and you should not worry at all.
Continue this set-up. The only way you would fail is if you are running out of ammo. There have been a few times where two out of three of us were dry, but a max ammo appeared. Remember that after Monkey Rounds, a max ammo should appear. This should last 3-4 rounds until you are in any danger.
Note: Use ammo conservatively. Make sure you have all of the zombies rounded up before you shoot. Don't shoot if there are only a handful of zombies following the stage man. Use grenades before you fire. It will make crawlers which will be easier for your ammo consumption, but it will make the job harder for the stage man. Make sure you kill them fast. I recommend using your LMG/Assault Rifle first, because you will need the Ray Gun for the Monkey Rounds. This does not mean you can't use it, but spare 20-30 rounds in your Ray Gun or you'll be Monkey Meat.
Remember, power-ups are important, but don't sacrifice your life to get a double points. I don't recommend getting a Death Machine either, because you are unable to revive your teammates if something were to happen. The only power-ups you should get are the ones on the stage.
Simply rinse and repeat, each round.
If you have four perks with three teammates, sacrifice Stamin-Up. Make a crawler at the end of a round to get it back.
After Each Regular Round Ends
Always have a little formation. One guy on the teleporter, one on the stage away from it, and one at the bottom of the stairs.
- Whoever is at the bottom of the stairs covers Speed Cola
- Whoever didn't go on the teleporter, cover Juggernog. It is easier to get to that Speed Cola.
- Whoever used the teleporter, it will 100% always take you to Quick Revive. Have someone call you back after the round ends.
You get a free perk if the monkeys don't touch a machine!
The set-up should go as follows:
Person A Thunder Gun, LMG or Ray Gun; JuggerNog, Stamin-Up, Speed Cola, Quick Revive
Person B,C, and D LMG, Ray Gun; JuggerNog, Speed Cola, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, Gersche Device
Make sure you upgrade weapons
With the Four-Man Strategy, you should follow the same routine as you did with Rounds 1-4, but all windows should be covered by one person. All get M14s, and three people by the three doors. Get your weapons from the Random Box, and follow this new procedure:
One person should be the stage-man. Run clockwise around the stage, and the other three will do as follows:
- One person should be guarding the window. REMEMBER not to go past the window or the zombies will come in. It's a squeeze, but you will have more than enough room to function. Just don't lead the zombies in!
- One person should watch the same window, killing the zombies on the stage. Use grenades to conserve ammo.
- The 4th person should watch the third window. This is the window that points towards the MP5K. This teammate should kill the zombies going to the stage, but don't waste too much ammo. The plus side is that you will more than likely get the most points.
Keep in mind, there will be more zombies than the three man strategy, so ammo is more precious. Conserve wisely, and don't forget to use that Thunder Gun!
* THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO *
(Taken from the Black Ops Wiki)
- Three teddy bears holding sickles are located around the map, a song called "Abracadavre " by Elena Siegman (Remember to hold Use/Reload while your cross-hairs are on them to "find" them). Each teddy bears can be found in:
The Centrifuge Room. When you go up the stairs, right and on the end of that walkway is the first bear.
Behind a gate on the left, nearby the lunar lander with the claymore in the area.
Nearby the "Speed Cola lunar lander", past the Speed Cola, when you have the wall in front of you. Turn right and on top of the wall there is the last teddy bear.
- There are Matryoshka Dolls of the characters scattered around the level. They will say something to the player when the "action" button is pressed, depending on who the player is. Each of the Matryoshka Dolls can be found in the locations below:
Tank's doll is in the lander room beside the Stamin-Up. Where you walk through the door he is on the flaming barrels on the left.
Nikolai's doll is on the top of the shelf directly to the left of the Speed Cola.
Takeo's doll is on the shelf directly to the left of the PhD Flopper.
Richtofen's doll is on the floor below the power switch. It is on the table to the left of the door leading outside.
- There are 3 red telephones similar to the ones in "Five" scattered around the map. When these telephones are answered, you will hear a line said by a character from "Five". These telephones will not ring until a specific event occurs. Once they are answered they wont ring again. To answer, hold X/Square near the ringing telephone. These are the locations of the telephones:
To the left of the lunar lander in the centrifuge room (spawn room), between multiple fuse boxes. To make this telephone ring, you need to turn on the music, or in solo get ten kills. When answered, you will hear President Kennedy say "Need some beans for the chowder here". He said this in Five when he ran out of ammo.
To the left of the power switch, through the chainlink fence, down the stairs, turn right, to the left of the Mystery Box spawn point. It is confirmed that this telephone rings during a "Fire sale". When answered, you will hear Nixon fire a weapon (FN FAL), and howl like a wolf. He did this in Five when he killed multiple zombies.
Located just to the right of the PHD Flopper machine. It is currently unknown what makes this telephone ring. When answered, you will hear Fidel Castro say "Come to me, the revolution dies without Fidel Castro". He says this in Five when he is downed.
It has yet to be confirmed if all telephones start to ring during a power up though it is possible seeing as Telephone 2 is activated during the 'Fire sale'.
This could also be a hint that the presidents might meet with the current characters in a future zombie map.
- A pair of car batteries found underneath a stairwell in the centrifuge/spawn room have "ЅРДЯКУ" written across the front.
- When the rocket is launched, it is possible to destroy it by using a gun with high damage, such as the Ray Gun or the China Lake. It has been confirmed that you can destroy it with 2 normal Crossbow bolts. If it is destroyed, a double points power-up will spawn below it.
- The Death Machine appears more frequently on this map than the others
- If the player opens the gate near the power switch and looks at it, they may notice that a picture of a zombie is shown, rather than an injury warning.
- There is a Mystery man glitch (Power Node Mystery) which requires a number of steps to complete. It requires 4 players to complete
- There is a distinct howling sound in the far corner of the Phd flopper room. This indicates that there is activity outside of the map.A Gersch device needs to be thrown outside of the map (to the left of the MP5k wall gun) in order for a generator to be sucked into it.
- To activate the first node, go to the claymore area and under the stairs will be a computer of which you can go to it and press x or square (depending on the console) to activate node 1.
To activate node 2, in a monkey round each of the four players will have to stay by each perk machine (excluding quick revive) where players will have to activate buttons on the the walls near to each perk machine by pressing the necessary buttons (depeding on the console).
To activate node 3 players will have to go to the Pack a punch room where there will be a clock. Each of the four players will have to stand still by the clock for 2-3 minutes where the clock will count down until it activates.
To activate the final node players ust travel on the 4 respective lunar landers and collect the letters L, U, N, A in order by holding down x or square (depending on the console). When this is done node 4 will be activated.
1.01 Made "Easter Eggs" easier to read, make headlines two fonts smaller, added Four-Man strategy, and other minor updates/additions.
1.02 Added Solo Strategy