My simple guide to sniping. Call of duty 4.
Choosing your sniper...
- Use every sniper and try them all maps such as Bloc, Ambush, Creek, Crossfire and other far distant maps.
- Obviously use the sniper that fits your matches best.
- Use private matches to get used to the maps..play with some friends to work with snipers.
Finding your spots...
- You will need to find a place where you know you won't get hit easy or/and somewhere you can hit targets.
- Don't always feel that if you can see the target, he cannot see you. Sniper's should blend and strike, you will need to find perfect spots.
- They are very essential in the world of sniping.
- "Secure yourself using Claymores, wait for your opponent and take deep breathe with Iron Lungs and assasinate the enemy with Stopping Power". This is something I told my friend to know what perks to use with 'm40a3'.
My recommended Sniper style for these maps; Bloc, Ambush and Creek:
M40a3 in Normal Scope
- Claymores (if not got claymores yet then C4)
- Stopping Power
- Iron Lungs (if not got yet then Deep Impact)
Take your chances as soon as you see the enemy. Don't follow them and do not joke about, being good at sniping is something not to get cocky over. As a sniper, you can be better by not bragging about your kills to your opponent and acting big.
Be confident with your movement and aiming. Here is something to really remember, DON'T panic if you see the opponent looking at you. You have 2 choices here: One, move away and make your next move somewhere else or keep your calm and aim that sniper without worrying to eliminate the competition.
If you keep getting killed in the same spot, know your role, again and ofcourse you have 2 choices. Now some would argue against me here if I said 'Find another spot', and guess what, I won't say it, when you play in these maps, sniping spots should be easily FOUND. You keep dying somewhere, GO to the next spot and kill your previous killer(s). Second choice would be to go to the same spot but use that spot to your advantage, you can always find a way to kill someone by moving in the right place.
Remember, because you are high doesn't mean you're invincible. Low places can also be as dangerous, such as lower case of the buildings in Bloc. Plants claymores at the entrances and boom, you have your place set.
You might know where the enemies come out from, camp yourself somewhere to see the way and every 3 seconds, aim for the spot, move/hide, 3 seconds later aim again..do this to keep yourself busy and alert and so you don't get hit easily. When you aim for those small seconds, still keep moving, hold breathe for a bit incase someone comes out. Key: Be patient.
All I can say now is good luck to everyone and anyone looking to Snipe. Hope this small guide helped.
Playstation Network Tag: DennisD98